The LOC Report

Wednesday 7 September 2016

Power Rankings: Week 1

Here's the weekly article you love to hate, back for another season. The Power Rankings are always divisive and inevitably vary person to person, but here is my take on where the LOC is right now. Instead of doing lengthy analysis for the first week (since there hasn't been a down of football, we really don't know anything yet), I'm simply going to say what I like, and what I don't like. Begin!

Power Rankings

1. IKNAN
What I like: The spreadsheet guru strikes again. Poised to pick up where he left off, Coach Sherwood has assembled a formidable starting lineup. I can't fault a single starter.

What I don't like: Other than Lockett (and maybe Fuller), I don't see a whole lot of upside on the bench. I'm not sure there's anyone on that bench who could develop into a decent starter.


2. Tom's Tyrants
What I like: The two time champ looks set to rebound in 2016. A stellar QB, and what should be a scary RB combo. They also have some fantastic bench options that could turn into weekly contributors.

What I don't like: I would class the WRs as good-not-great. TE could also be an issue.


3. The Dream Team
What I like: They've made the playoffs two years in a row, and that run looks like it could be extended. Brees is wildly inconsistent, but should have a good season. The receivers are incredible, and they have a solid starting TE.

What I don't like: The RBs are good-not-great, and could potentially struggle depending how their seasons go. The bench is also devoid of any fantasy relevance right now.


4. Patistan
What I like: Coach Allen's side look poised for a sophomore year leap. QR, RB and WR are all strong positions for Patistan. They've also got a plethora of high upside options on the bench.

What I don't like: TE could be ok, but I'm not convinced. The flex position is also an enigma.


5. Bear Necessities
What I like: After making the playoffs last season, Bear Necessities look to be in the hunt once again. Eli should be a good fantasy QB. The WR and FLEX positions look great as well, while they should have a great RB duo.

What I don't like: TE could be an issue, and the bench is #ungood. We all expect Bear Necessities to snag a few waiver players to solidify the team, but right now the bench is not in good shape.


6. Burdettinators
What I like: Burdettinators have a chance to steady the ship after last year. Palmer is a above average QB, the WRs could be the best duo in the league, and they have solid enough RBs.

What I don't like: A lot of risk of players getting injured or under performing on this team. I'd also class the bench as good-not-great.


7. Gridiron Gang
What I like: Gridiron Gang will be looking to finally punch back into the playoffs. Solid-not-great roster all around, highlighted by the RBs.

What I don't like: While this team shouldn't experience a considerable low, they also shouldn't expect any considerable highs. This team is also set up to exploit Coach Stubbs Jr's propensity to leave points on the bench.


8. Forge Flyers
What I like: After a few dark seasons, Forge Flyers could finally bounce back. Solid roster all through really. Great QB, solid RBs, and good WRs.

What I don't like: The starting lineup is solid but isn't going to explode. No one on the bench has upside or consistent starter appeal.


9. ADRZ
What I like: The current champ is out to defend his title, and might have an uphill climb. This team has star studded names throughout the roster, highlighted by a rock star TE.

What I don't like: Many of these star studded names carry more risk than season's past. Their RB corps isn't strong, and the bench is made up entirely of upside picks.


10. Cash4Gould
What I like: As with most Rookie coaches, Coach Gardner could face a difficult first season. They have an All Pro QB, a tantalizing rookie RB, and  potential top 10 WR,. They've also got some great upside picks on the bench.

What I don't like: There are a lot of question marks on the starting roster. Like ADRZ, if they need a bench player soon they could be in trouble.


11. The Bunch
What I like: The unretired coach is looking to build on last season. First of all, I love that he has Tom Brady (duh). The RBs have very high upside, and the WRs are among the best duo in the league.

What I don't like: QB until Brady gets back will be a big issue. The RBs also have a lot of downside. Probably has the worst bench in the league.


12. The Tuckfards
What I like: After missing the playoffs for the first time in 5 seasons, The Tuckfards will be looking to return to the promised land. He's got a good QB, two very high upside RBs, Brandon Marshall is a solid WR1, and an all star TE.

What I don't like: The RBs could face plant in a big way, and I don't think the team is strong enough to withstand that. The WR corps isn't great, neither is the bench.




No comments:

Post a Comment