The LOC Report

Thursday 8 September 2016

2016.2 - The Draft and Week 1

Hello gentlemen! It’s all starting to get very real here in the LOC; we’ve drafted, we’ve second guessed our drafts and now we are setting week one line ups, ready to second guess them as well. I don’t know about you, but I am so close to the edge of my seat I have actually spent most of the week sat on the floor. So here we have it, your draft recap/week 1 preview EDOTLOCCA’s Corner and, as promised to anyone who read last week’s edition, the mindless, subjective ramblings are back! It’s the LOC, it’s 2016, here we go people!

Coaches Award

So, the draft! Our first ever 100% turnout was a success in itself, but who had the most success on the day? This coach didn’t have the year he was hoping for last time round and I personally think some of that stemmed from the draft. This year he returned with more of a plan, clear player targets and a lot more pre-draft research to hand. This team is probably my top rated from the draft and the most balanced roster in the LOC – frankly gutted to have to play them twice. 2016 looks bright for Coach Allen and Patistan, well played sir!

Honourable mention: Coach Sherwood had another stellar draft and, more impressively, changed his 
drafting tactic from the very successful previous year. I think IKNAN are slowing turning into IKSAN.

Wooden Spoon

I could have picked my least favourite team here, but I am going to focus on individual draft picks instead. There are a number of contenders. Brady and Gould were reaches (large ones), but you can’t argue with team name related pick! Was Gronk a reach? Yes. But was it bold? Oh yes, and we do not condemn boldness in this article. And would I be keen on starting Shane Vereen in week 1? No I really wouldn’t, but Giovani Bernard was taken before him and that is a bit better. No, for me the least good (worst) pick of the 2016 draft was Austin Seferian-Jenkins, I really just don’t get one. So, sorry to rookie Coach Gardner, but it is always nice to win something I suppose…

Bold predictions

Right, you all know how this bit works after last year, I make some outrageous claims, they are all long and then next week I admit my mistakes and make some overly optimistic statements about how I will do better next week. So, without further ado…

The Bunch vs. Forge Flyers: Comeback WR off alert (obscure I know). Jordy Nelson outscores Keenan Allen in a single play however with a 50yd TD.

ADRZ vs. Gridiron Gang: This matchup has been won with a career day for a TE before and, as the last active player, I think Jordan Reed is going to ruin Coach Stubbs Jr.’s week, snatching victory despite a 20 point lead.

Burdettinators vs. Patistan: There’s nothing like rooting for your fantasy team and your NFL team at the same time, Coach Allen will be doing that with TD stacks from Winston to Evans, Coach Burdett will be somewhat bittersweet watching Beckham go for 150 yards and 2 TDs.

The Tuckfards vs. Cash4Gould: Rookie Ezekiel Elliot is going to have more fantasy points than every other starting RB in this matchup combined, and I don’t even think that is particularly bold.

The Dream Team vs. Bear Necessities: Julio and Dez remind us why WR heavy teams work, Bear Necessities can’t catch up with the 45 combined points they post.

Tom’s Tyrants vs. IKNAN: Charles is a no go and Lockett drops into the Flex position for IKNAN. A long TD pass results in IKNAN scoring over 20 points in a single play, that is pretty unprecedented right? Imagine the scenes.

There you have it people, the predictions are in and they are bold, let’s hope for some correct ones! In the meantime I am going to cut this outro short because the NFL season is about to start people! Everyone who has any Carolina or Denver players good luck to you or, if you are reading this post-game, my most sincere congratulations/condolences. P.S. For anyone who paid attention last week, all of my predictions from the mock draft were wrong, hence I'm glazing over it. See you next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment