The LOC Report

Thursday 29 October 2015

EDOTLOCCA's Corner: Week 8

Good evening everyone! Welcome to the half way stage of the season and with it, the oh so inevitable edition of the EDOTLOCCA's Corner (that's 'Executive Director of the League of Champions Coaches Association'). Before we begin though I have something I need to tell you all, it has recently come to my attention that I am currently bringing up the rear in the LOC standings. Now, I have discussed this with my doctor and they have expressed concerns over potential contagiousness, as the LOCCs (League of Champions Coaches) to my EDOTLOCCA, I strongly advise that you all get yourselves checked out. Anyway, presuming that our relationship remains intact after this tragic news and that you still have some faith in my fantasy thought trains, enjoy the article!

Coaches Award

Last week, extremely close games meant that I was spoilt for choice, in Week 7, the opposite has occurred. When only one game was within 24 points (and that game only featured one questionable decision that had no effect on the outcome) looking for vital game changing decisions is the equivalent of the metaphorical needle in a haystack. On that note, I am going to break tradition and split the Coaches Award, as it was too hard to truly justify an outright winner. Firstly, I would like to honour a coach who has been deserving of the recognition for a while, Coach Stubbs Sr. who has truly managed to turn his season around. Not only that, but he was the top scorer this week in what was unquestionably the best game, kudos to him! Secondly, for a very different reason, Coach Allen will be splitting this week’s award for making what appears to be a coaching masterstroke in adding Stefon Diggs. Whilst Diggs did not directly influence the win this week, he turned up big time and looks like he could be a future game (and season??) changer.

Wooden Spoon

Well, I have done the maths, and believe me it was very taxing, and as it turns out there was only one losing team that could have pulled off the win with a combination of bench players. Unfortunately, that title belongs to Coach Leach, who could have just snuck a win by starting bench players R. Mathews and R. Matthews. This is possibly the most undeserved Wooden Spoon yet, but maths doesn’t lie and I am unwilling to pick a fight that I can’t win, sorry Coach Leach!

Bold Predictions

And I am still yet to add to my collection of 1 correct prognostication, if I can’t find it a fertile friend soon I am fairly certain the species will die out. On the other hand, incorrect predictions are thriving, really taking to their new habitat, in fact if anyone wants to take a few off my hands, that would be swell. In the meantime, let’s have another go I suppose!

Bear Necessities vs. Burdettinators: Chris Johnson and Darren McFadden, the two players most mocked for having nicknames they no longer live up to. Well, I reckon CJ2K and Run DMc will turn up in this one, reliving the old days to a combined 250 yards.

Forge Flyers vs. ADRZ: Wow, what dependence on the Thursday night game from the Flyers, one third of the team, safe to say we will know their chances of winning this time tomorrow. I am siding with this division getting a touch closer though, ADRZ will find it hard to come back from 45 points before they have even seen a pigskin.

Patistan vs. Jeff’s Seals: From co-coaches to divisional rivals, the LOC can really throw some turbulence at its members. As Coach Allen looks to pull one over his old franchise, the aforementioned Stefon Diggs goes big, outscoring both of Jeff’s Seals star names (Rodgers and Bell), both of whom have tough matchups.

IKNAN vs. Gridiron Gang: I love a good QB battle, and despite many strong starters on each side, Rivers vs. Brady is the real show here. One of these two will throw 4 TDs, leading their respective team to victory.

The Tuckfards vs. The Romosexuals: The two most offensively named LOC franchises go head to head, but based on current form, I can only see this one going one way, the ODB show returns to the tune of 20 points, but it isn’t enough for The Romosexuals to win.

Tom’s Tyrants vs. The Dream Team: Ivory, Martin and Forsett all put up 100 yards each, Murray is the odd one out though, could that be enough to cripple The Dream Team’s chances? Form is on their side, but history isn’t.


Well we are half way through the season people, things get serious from here on out! Fasten your seat belts, there are many surprises yet to come! Maybe even a second correct bold prediction? No? You’re right, I said surprise not miracle. Anyway, onwards and upwards people, the future is bright for approximately half of us! Turrah!


No comments:

Post a Comment